Cultural and Heritage Training Programme Co-organised by the Hong Kong Tourism Board and the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong
In view of increasing consumer demand for cultural immersion and in-depth travel, the Hong Kong Tourism Board (HKTB) and the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong (TIC) will co-operate and provide a cultural and heritage training programme tailored around Hong Kong neighbourhoods. The 2-day programme aims to provide practitioners of the tourism industry with in-depth knowledge regarding cultural and heritage tourism, as well as additional advice relating to service quality and professionalism. The programme aims to equip licensed tourist guides with a better grasp of cultural and heritage tourism concepts and upgrade their service quality and professionalism, and train them to be well prepared to welcome travellers around the world with high-quality itineraries following the resumption of cross-boundary travel after the epidemic situation has stabilised.
Details of the training programme are as follows:
1. Programme arrangement and period:
|Between December 2022 and September 2023
(Class schedule will be announced continuously)
|1st Class:||29 and 30 December 2022 (Thursday and Friday)|
|2nd Class:||5 and 6 January 2023 (Thursday and Friday)|
|3rd Class:||16 and 17 January 2023 (Monday and Tuesday)|
|4th Class:||27 and 28 January 2023 (Friday and Saturday)|
|5th Class:||30 and 31 January 2023 (Monday and Tuesday)|
|Venue:||Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong Training Centre
(Rooms 1809, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road,
North Point, Hong Kong
2. Certificate and allowance:
Upon successful completion of the 2 days classroom training sessions including presentation and assessment, each participant will receive:
(i) a certificate of completion jointly issued by the HKTB and the TIC; and
(ii) an allowance of HK$500.
4. Programme quota for the entire programme: 1,500 participants (First Come, First Served)
5. Programme fees: Free of charge
6. Medium of instruction: Cantonese (English class will be separately arranged.)
7. Target group: Licensed tourist guides or licensed tour escorts. (Those with invalid Tourist Guide License/Tour Escort License will not be considered)
8. Recognised course: This course has been registered as a recognised training course under the “Cultural and Heritage Sites Local Tour Incentive Scheme”. Each participant will receive a proof of completing “Item C - Self-selected Activities (12 hours)” under the Continuing Professional Development Scheme for Tourist Guides.
For enquiries, please contact the TIC Industry Training Department on 2807-1199.