This programme has been accredited by the Travel Industry Authority as one of “Item C - Self-selected Activities” under the CPD Scheme for Tourist Guides
In light of the immense interest shown by tourists and the general public towards local heritage and historical buildings, the Hong Kong Tourism Board and the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong will jointly organise the Cultural and Heritage Training Programme from December 2022 to September 2023. The 2-day programme aims to provide practitioners of the tourism industry with in-depth knowledge regarding cultural and heritage tourism, as well as additional advice relating to service quality and professionalism.
B. Programme Details
1. Programme Arrangement:
|Cultural and Heritage Training Programme|
|Course Period: December 2022 - September 2023 (Class schedule will be continuously announced)|
|Day 1||Day 2|
9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
9:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
2:00 p.m. - 5:30 p.m.
|Content||Lecture||Lecture||Group Presentation & Assessment|
|Venue||Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong Training Centre (Rooms 1809, Fortress Tower, 250 King's Road, North Point, Hong Kong)|
2. Accreditation, Certificate and Allowance:
This course has been registered as recognised training course under the “Cultural and Heritage Sites Local Tour Incentive Scheme”. In order to be considered as completing the programme, participants have to attend all lecture sessions and obtain a pass in the final assessment. Upon completion of the programme, the following will be awarded:
- (i) a proof of completing “Item C - Self-selected Activities (12 hours)” under the Continuing Professional Development Scheme for Tourist Guides specified by TIA.
- (ii) a certificate of completion jointly issued by the HKTB and the TIC, and
- (iii) an allowance of HK$500
3. Programme Quota: Around 26-30 participants per class (First Come, First Served)
4. Medium of Instruction: Cantonese (Class in English will be separately arranged)
5. Programme Fees: Free of charge
6. Target Group: Valid Tourist Guide License / Tour Escort License Holders
“Valid Tourist Guide License / Tour Escort License Holder”
is referred to a person who holds a valid Tourist Guide License / Tour Escort License when he/she submits an application, attends the programme and collects the certificate of completion and the allowance (those with an invalid Tourist Guide License/Tour Escort License will not be entertained)
C. Enrolment Procedures
1. To enrol for the training programme, please complete online enrolment form.Please note that applications by post, fax, phone or e-mail will not be considered. Admitted applicants will receive an “Enrolment Confirmation” with class confirmation and lessons arrangement by e-mail.
2. All applications will be processed on a first-come-first-served basis.
3. Applicants will be notified by e-mail whether their applications are successful or not within seven working days since the date of online submission. If applicants do not receive any message or reply of application results, please contact the TIC Industry Training Department by phone on 2807-1199 or e-mail [email protected]. The TIC will not be responsible for any failure or delay in submitting online enrolment form.
4. Each applicant can submit ONE enrolment form only. Duplicate submission of application form will NOT be considered.
5. Once an applicant has submitted an enrolment form (including in person and/or by e-mail), implying that the applicant has read, understood and agreed to the terms and conditions listed in “Programme Information” and “Programme Enrolment Form”.
D. Points to Note
1. Admitted applicants/participants must complete the programme with 100% attendance. Lateness or early leave will be regarded as absence. Participants need to attend the class according to the date and time assigned by the TIC. Class transfer will NOT be arranged once an applicant is admitted. There is NO arrangement for re-scheduling or absence from class.
2. Enrolment is on a on a first-come-first-served basis. Applications will be processed until all the quotas are filled. All classes shall be allocated and assigned by the TIC.
3. Admitted applicants/participants should take note of the class timetable, requirements on attendance rate, etc. NO reminder will be given to individual participants. Should the class be cancelled, participants will be notified.
4. Participants must clearly fill in their name printed on their Hong Kong Identity Cards and relevant information for the purpose of issuing a certificate of completion and an allowance after having fulfilled the specific requirements (including having attained a passing grade in Group Presentation and filled out Programme Evaluation Form) stated on Programme Information for the training. Participants must immediately inform the TIC of any changes in contact information.
5. Participants are expected to collect the certificate of completion and the allowance within 2 months from the date of completing the training. Participants will be notified by e-mail when the certificate and allowance are ready for collection. Participants who do not receive any notification for the collection of the certificate and allowance in due course may contact the TIC Industry Training Department on 2807-1199.
6. Participants need to collect the certificate of completion and the allowance in person. When collecting the certificate and the allowance, each participant must hold a valid Tourist Guide License/Tour Escort License and is required to present the official License for verification. Participants with an invalid Tourist Guide License/Tour Escort License will not be considered.
7. Continuing Professional Development Scheme for Tourist Guides (“CPD Scheme”):
- This training can be taken as “Item C - Self-selected Activities” under the CPD Scheme for Tourist Guides for the renewal of the Tourist Guide License, i.e. one of the requirements of the CPD Scheme every time tourist guides renew their License.
- The CPD Scheme is only applicable to those holding the Tourist Guide License with three-year validity period.
8. The TIC reserves the right to amend and interpret the details of the programme information without prior notice. In case of any disputes, the decision of the TIC shall be final. Applicants/participants will be informed of any amendments of information.
9. This course has been registered as recognized training course under the “Cultural and Heritage Sites Local Tour Incentive Scheme”.
E. Terms and Conditions
1. Participants who are not present in the class (including but not limited to being late or taking early leave) will be marked absent;
2. All participants are compulsorily required to set their mobile phones and electronic/communication devices into silent mode before joining the online class. If a participant’s mobile phone and/or electronic/communication device emit any sound during the online class, for the first time, a verbal warning will be given. The participant will be marked absent from the online class if his/her mobile phone and/or electronic/communication device emit any sound for the second time;
3. Participants are required to sign on the attendance sheet before the morning and afternoon session of the class;
4. Except in Q & A session, all participants are compulsorily requested to keep quiet and stay attentive throughout the online class, and comply with the instructions of the TIC staff at all times;
5. All participants are strictly prohibited to take screenshots, photo, audio and video recording, and distribute these images, audio and video recording. The TIC reserves the right to pursue legal action;
6. All course content is copyrighted by the TIC or co-organisers and is strictly prohibited to be reproduced and distributed online and/or offline. The TIC reserves the right to pursue legal action
7. The TIC reserves the right to amend at any time and interpret all the above-mentioned terms and conditions without prior notice. In case of any disputes, the decision of the TIC shall be final; and
8. If there is any inconsistency or conflict between the English and Chinese version of these terms and conditions, the English version shall prevail.
Non-compliance with the above-mentioned terms and conditions will be regarded as being absent from the class.
F. Bad Weather Arrangements
1. When Tropical Cyclone No. 8 or above, or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is in force, all classes＃will be postponed.
2. When Tropical Cyclone No. 8 or above, or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is cancelled in the following time, all classes will be held as scheduled.
|Cancellation of Tropical Cyclone No. 8 or above, or Black Rainstorm Warning Signal||Arrangements|
|At 6:30 am or before||All classes will be held as scheduled|
|At 11:00 am or before||All classes starting at or after 2:00 pm
will be held as scheduled
(i) When Tropical Cyclone No. 8 or above is in force during class time, all classes will be suspended.
(ii) When Black Rainstorm Warning Signal is in force, all classes in progress will continue until the end.
3. When Tropical Cyclone No. 3 or below, Amber or Red Rainstorm Warning Signal is in force, all classes will continue as scheduled.
4. Participants should notify the TIC by phone on 2807-1199 or e-mail [email protected] as soon as possible if they have practical difficulties in attending class (such as road blockage, required means of transport being affected, flooding, landslip, etc)
G. Notes on Collection of Personal Data
1. The personal data provided in this application form will be used by the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong (TIC) for the following purposes:
- to process programme applications and enrolment;
- to hand over to the Travel Industry Authority (TIA) for the authentication of one’s Tourist Guide/Tour Escort identity or any other purposes as specified by the TIA
- to maintain a programme participant record in the TIC;
- to distribute allowance, certificate of attendance and disseminate relevant information to participants; and
- to conduct research or statistical analysis.
2. Applicants are advised to provide sufficient personal information, otherwise their applications may not be able to be processed.
3. The TIC will keep the personal data of applicants confidential but may provide such data to any other person or his/her representative for any one or more of the purposes set out in paragraph 1 above.
4. According to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, applicants have the right to:
- ascertain whether their personal data is held by the TIC;
- obtain a copy of the data mentioned in paragraph 4(i); and
- correct their personal data held by the TIC.
Applicants should provide the TIC with sufficient information in order for their identity to be determined, otherwise their data access request may be rejected. The TIC may impose a fee on any such request.
5. Any request for access to personal data should be made in writing and addressed to the TIC Industry Training Department at:
Rooms 1706-09, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
H. Apply to obtain the list of participants who have completed either “Cultural Tourist Guide Training Programme” or “Cultural and Heritage Training Programme” .
According to the application guidelines of the “Cultural and Heritage Sites Local Tour Incentive Scheme”, a list of participants who have completed either “Cultural Tourist Guide Training Programme” or “Cultural and Heritage Training Programme” will be offered to licenced Travel Agents for reference. The list will include some of the participants who are willing to disclose their name, tour guide licence number, telephone number and email address for further contact. Interested travel agent please fill this form：
I. Funding Scheme
Applicants with a valid Tourist Guide License / Tour Escort License are eligible to apply for the subsidy when they submit their application, attend the programme and receive the certificate of completion. Each eligible applicant will receive a HK$500 subsidy.