A. Enrolment Procedures
- Applications must be made on the enrolment form provided by the Travel Industry Council of Hong Kong.
- Send the duly completed application form together with a crossed cheque payable to “TRAVEL INDUSTRY COUNCIL OF HONG KONG” by post or by hand to the TIC Executive Office before the closing date of application for the course.
- For each course, please use separate form and cheque for each applicant.
- Applications are processed on a first-come-first-served basis. It is therefore advisable to enrol well in advance as places are limited.
B. General Information
- TIC Training Courses are to provide on-the-job training for staff of TIC member agencies. Employees of other sectors of the travel industry such as airlines and hotels may also apply. Acceptance of these applications is subject to the TIC’s approval and subsidy will not be offered.
- Enrolment generally starts two months before the commencement date of the course. The TIC will dispatch pamphlets of the course and enrolment forms to all members.
- A letter of acceptance will be issued to each successful applicant. Offical receipts will be distributed at the first meeting of the course.
- When a course is over-subscribed, additional classes may be started. Applicants will be notified of the time and dates of meetings.
- Unsuccessful applicants or applicants of a cancelled course will be notified in writing. Course fees will be refunded and returned by ordinary post.
- For courses subsidized by the Vocational Training Council (VTC), an attendance certificate will be awarded by the VTC to participants who have an attendance rate of no less than 80% of the total lecture hours and passed the examination (if necessary), and will be refunded part of the course fee.
- Except for unsuccessful applications or cancellation of a course, course fees are not refundable.
- The TIC may disseminate news or other information to participants by various means (including SMS and email). In case there is any change of correspondence address, participants should notify the TIC Executive Office in writing as soon as possible.
- The TIC reserves the right to make alterations to the time, place and contents of the courses offered. Applicants will be notified of such changes. In case the classes are suddenly cancelled because the instructor has been taken ill or because of his / her personal reasons, the TIC will arrange a make-up class and inform the employer of the student concerned of the class cancellation in writing.
- The TIC reserves the right to suspend a student from class in case of disruptive behaviour.
- All enquiries should be directed to the TIC Executive Office on (852)2807-1199 or the TIC hotline on (852)2969-8188.
- Address of Enrolment Centre: Rooms 1706-09, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong
- The office hours of the TIC are as follows:
Monday to Friday 9.00 am-1.00 pm, 2.00 pm-5.30 pm Saturday, Sunday and gazetted general holidays Closed TIC website https://www.tichk.org Industry Training Dept. [email protected]
D. Tropical Cyclone & Rainstorm Warning
- When Tropical Cyclone No. 8 or above or the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued, all classes/examinations* will be postponed. If Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above or the Black Rainstorm Warning is cancelled at the following time, classes/examinations will be held as scheduled:
When Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above OR the Black Rainstorm Warning is cancelled: Classes/Examinations to be held as scheduled: at or before 6.00 am Day time classes (9.00 am-5.00 pm)
Morning classes/examinations (9.00 am-1.00 pm)
at or before 12.00 noon Afternoon classes/examinations (2.00 pm-6.00 pm) at or before 4.00 pm Evening classes/examinations (6.30 pm-9.30 pm)
*Examinations which are in session when Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above is issued will continue until the end of the session.
*Instructors will suspend classes immediately if Tropical Cyclone No.8 or above is issued after the commencement of classes.
*Classes and examinations which are in session when the Black Rainstorm Warning is issued will continue until the end of the session.
- All classes or examinations will be held as scheduled if Tropical Cyclone No. 3 or below or Amber / Red Rainstorm Warning is in effect.
E. Study Centre
TIC Training Centre
Rooms 1204 & 1809, Fortress Tower, 250 King’s Road, North Point, Hong Kong (Tel: (852)2807-1199)
(Students may direct their opinions or complaints regarding the courses to the TIC. For details, please click here.)